Homeschooling in Texas
We have assembled resources for homeschool families in Texas to find local support groups and laws concerning homeschooling in Texas
- Texas Home
Educators - Educational resource for anyone interested
in education of children and for home schoolers in general.
Educational links include NASA, museums, libraries, reference
desk, calendar of events, support group listing, THE HomeSchool
Mall for vendors, and chat boards.
- THSC - Texas Home School
- PO Box 6747, Lubbock, TX 79493
- Voice: (806) 744-4441
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TxHomeschooling - Provides a listing of homeschool curricula with descriptions of each curriculum. Also lists a resources page, sales events page, and local businesses page.
- Aledo-Willow Park Christian
Homeshcoolers (AWPCH) -
We provide homeschooling support to the the Parker County, TX, cities of Aledo,
Willow Park, and surrounding areas through various activities.
- Arlington Association
of Home Educators Inc.
- Aspergers & Similar Homeschool For H.F. Disabled Teens - We are a group of high-functioning disabled tweens & teens, that come together for homeschool. As the Organizer, I am providing a free space and free wireless connection on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, from 11am - 2pm, within a facility that is set up to accommodate people with disabilities. You may view the video in the "About Us" section. I also have a group that I created about a year ago (for fun events) that has been very successful: www.meetup.com/Houston-tx-THE-STARLIGHT-BRIGADE/
- Bell County Christian Home Educators Association (BCCHEA) - You have found the homepage of a large group of Central Texas Christian home educators. BCCHEA's members are families who are providing a Christ-centered education for their children in the home.
- Bluebonnet Homeschooler's Club - in Fannin county .
We have a monthly park day and take monthly field trips,
we also meet for P.E. once a week. We do Book It, and Scholastic
- Ariane McDonald (903) 583-3981
- Brazos Valley Christian
Home Educators Association
- P.O. Box 2703, Bryan, TX 77805
- Voicemail: (979) 696-2651
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Christian Home Educators
of Arlington (CHEA)
PO Box 14405, Arlington, TX 76094-1405
- Christian Home Educators
of the Mt. Pleasant Area
- Christian Homeschool
Alliance of Texas (CHAT) - CHAT is a group of hands-on parents who come together for educational and moral support in the SW Dallas County and northern Ellis County Area. We offer opportunities such as field trips, Enrichment Days, Christmas Caroling, Talent Show, yearbook, reading programs, Mom's Night Out, Used Curriculum/Book Sale, BEST Robotics, Stock Market Game, Farmer's Market Co-op, pizza parties, and much more.
- P.O. Box 4237, Cedar Hill, TX 75106-4237
E-mail for more information
- To send information about events or products of interest to our membership:
- Classical Conversations of Saginaw - Classical Christian Community of home educators supporting each other and learning together. Check out general info here: www.ClassicalConversations.com
- Dallas Thunder - Dallas Thunder is a competitive home school basketball organization made up of homeschool students in the Dallas,Texas and Fort Worth, Texas area.
- FEAST -
Family Educators Alliance of South Texas
- Greater Waco Christian
Home Educators - GWCHE
- P. O. Box 8861, Waco, TX 76714
- Phone: 1-877-561-8247
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Harlingen Homeschoolers - We are a Christ-centered homeschooling
organization whose main purposes include:
- Promoting an education with Christian Character,
Biblical standards, and a personal relationship with
- Enhancing the education of our children
- Enhancing our own education
- Providing a social outlet and support group for homeschooling
- Contact: Michelle Wilson email@example.com ,
- HCentralSA - San
- HEAR of Rockwall
- HEART of West Texas -
HEART of West Texas is a centralized network of home school
resources for the West Texas Panhandle area.
Whether you are searching for a home school support group,
a home school friendly business or a tutor/teacher for a
certain subject, HEART can help you find it.
HEART of West Texas is a support group for support groups.
- Hill Country Christian
- PMB#157, 20475 Hwy. 46 West, Ste. 180, Spring
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Home Education San
- Home Educator's Co-op of Lubbock (H.E.C.),
They publish a monthly newsmagazine, provide co-op classes,
weekly & monthly activities. They also have a Homeschool
101 seminar each quarter for new families, free.
- Homeschool Christian Youth
Organization - Serving the greater Houston area,
they currently offer a broad range of support programs
for homeschooled students which includes academic tutorial
classes, recreational and competitive sports, and special
East - Homeschoolers East's mission is to provide
homeschool families of diverse backgrounds living east
of Dallas proper with educational opportunities that develop
the individual's academic and spiritual potential, family
partnership and unity. These goals are achieved through
cooperative classes, field trips, social events and service
projects. Homeschoolers East works to build a community
where each person is valued for their individuality, knowledge
and talents. We work to provide educational opportunities
that develop academic and inner potential. In addition,
Homeschoolers East promotes family partnership and service
in the community.
- San Antonio
- Hood County Homeschoolers - This is a group that welcomes ALL homeschoolers in Hood County, Texas and the surrounding areas. Faith-based & Secular homeschoolers alike, this is an all-inclusive group. This will be a place to plan field trips, play dates, talk one another about the day-to-day issues & experiences of homeschooling that we all share. The main focus of this group is supporting each other in our effort to provide a personalized education for our children
- Houston Home School Enrichment Program - Our Pre-K through 6th grade program is designed to offer academic enrichment opportunities in a Christian environment for subjects that are difficult to teach in a single child setting. Our mission is to provide educational opportunities of academic excellence taught from a Christian perspective and to aid parents in schooling their children in subjects that are difficult to teach in a single child setting. Our goal is to employ teachers that have a love and gifting for teaching and make excellence in all they do a priority.
- Independent Christian
Association of Responsible Educators (ICARE) - Spring
, Texas (serving the North Houston area)
Adventures of Fort Bend - LAF is a MEMBER-LED support
network of homeschool parents in Ft Bend County including
Sugar Land, Missouri City, Richmond, Rosenberg, and surrounding
Houston areas sharing their talents and energies in a co-operative
environment. LAF meets regularly for the purpose of providing
fun and creative activities so our children can celebrate
the adventures of learning and exploring their world together.
LAF welcomes members from all faiths, races and educational
- L.I.F.E. Homeschool
Association - Wood and Upshur Counties
Homeschool News - Lubbock Homeschool News is a resource
and information website and Yahoo group for all homeschoolers
in Lubbock , Texas , and the surrounding areas. It is inclusive,
no membership is required.
- McKinney Area
Christian Homeschoolers (MARCH )
- PO Box 2825, McKinney, TX 75070
- Phone: 972-504-6340
- Mesquite Christian
Home School Association
- Midland Association
of Christian Home Educators (MACHE)
- PO BOX 30086, Midland TX 79712-0086
- Phone: S cott & Steph Dowlen 432-553-8552
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Northeast Tarrant
of Christian Homeschool Educators (NETCACHE)
- P. O. Box 48264 , Fort Worth , TX
- Phone: (817) 428-9560
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Panhandle Christian
Home Educators Association
- P.O. Box 1237, Amarillo, Texas 79105
- Voice Mail 806.356.1316
- E-mail: email@example.com
County Christian Home Educators
- PATH - Plano
- Plano Educators
Association of Christian Homeschoolers (PEACH)
Learning Activities All Year (PLAAY) - Positive Learning
Activities All Year in Galveston County.
This is a group that consist of Christian homeschoolers
in Galveston County that participate in activities together.
There are no member dues or officers. To become a member
you need to participate in at least one of the activities
we have going on. The list of activities we have currently
are as follows: Story of the World Vol. 1, Keepers at Home,
Pre-K Friends Co Op, Art Classes and participate in a homescool
Taekwondo class. Anyone is welcome to start another activity
and offer it to the members
- Quo Vadis Educators - Located in Garland, TX (suburb of Dallas). Offer year-round classes for teens: History, Spanish, Speech, Algebra, Sciences, Choir, Theater, Report-Writing. Summer Children's Theater Workshops.
- Richardson Home School Association -
a support group in the Dallas/Richardson area
- P.O. Box 6097
Richardson, TX 75080
- voice mail: 972-414-4779
- Seagoville Homeschoolers - A group of Homeschooling families
in the Seagoville area.
- Sharing Adventures
in Learning (SAIL) - Collin County area - McKinney,
Plano, Allen, Richardson - SAIL is a member-governed, inclusive
community of homeschooling families in the McKinney, Texas
area. We encourage and respectfully support a membership
diverse in homeschool style, race, religion, life philosophy,
political views, and family composition and situation.
We endeavor to provide a safe, welcoming environment for
varied student activities, both group-wide and age-specific;
from toddlers to teens and for all levels of abilities
and ranges of needs. We provide a network of support for
the entire homeschool family by offering some activities
only for parents, as well as events that include all family
- Southeast Texas Home School
Association - a non-profit, incorporated, Christian
service organization established to minister to the home-schooling
community in the greater Houston and southeast
- Southwest Dallas Home
School Association (SWDHSA) - Serving Home Schoolers
in Cedar Hill, Duncanville, Desoto and
the surrounding areas
- Southwest Homeschooling
Network - The site is an information resource for
Homeschooling Families in the El Paso, TX and New Mexico
- Spindletop Christian
Homescool Association - A support group for homeschoolers
in the Beaumont area.
- Sugar Creek Christian Home
Educators - SCCHE -
Sugar Creek Christian Home Educators is a cooperative of
Christian families that have chosen to teach our children
at home. Sugar Land , Texas
- Phone: (281) 265-8186
- E-mail: Info@SCCHE.org
- Tarrant Home Education
Association - THEA is a nonprofit, nonsectarian, nonpartisan
organization. Serving Ft. Worth including
surrounding areas and counties. THEA does not require a
statement of faith.
- Tomball Christian
Homeschoolers - Bringing together homeschool parents
and students in a Tri-County area including: Dimmit, Maverick,
and Zavala counties. Support and activities designed to
enhance the homeschool experience.
- Weatherford Homeschool Organization (WHO). Parker
County - The main focus is park play days, craft days, and
field trips. No statement of faith is required and
no dues are collected.
- West Houston Home
- 7037 Hwy 6 N PMB #225
- Houston, TX 77095
- The Woodlands Home School Choir - The Woodlands Home School Choir (TWHSC) - is a unique home school choir directed by Bari Brumfield. TWHSC is for home school students ages 12-20, combining classics, hymns, gospel and other styles of Christian music with ministry. Sight reading and good vocal production are also taught. Go to www.singandrejoice.com for more information.
- Cross Creek
Christian School - We offer university-style classes
classroom setting two-days per week (the other three school
days are spent working at home). Because we are a Category
IV Church-Related School, we also offer record keeping
for those who choose a total at home program. We also offer
area homeschoolers space to assemble and hold their own
co-op class on our Community Fridays, as well as providing
art and music classes, and a free drama club.
501 East North Street, Sweetwater, Texas 37354
Christian Academy - an umbrella
school that helps parents educate their children at home