Homeschooling in Florida
We have assembled resources for home school families in Florida to find local support groups and laws concerning homeschooling in Florida
Coalition of Christian Private School Administrators,
- an organization serving the administrators and leaders
of Christian private homeschools in the state of Florida.They
also serve as a network of educational and political
support to encourage and assist those who have chosen
to homeschool through private methods rather than
under the homeschool statutes.
- PO BOX 5100, DELTONA, FL 32728
- Florida Homeschooling - Practical and legal information for Florida home educators. Extensive legal overview and practical advice.
Parent Educators Association (FPEA)
- P.O. Box 50685 Jacksonville
- Phone (toll-free): 1-877-ASK-FPEA
- E-mail: email@example.com
- HEF was established in 1991 to raise support
and direct lobbying for home education in
Florida. HEF exists to safeguard existing
legislation and evaluate future legislation.
- LIFE of Florida - LIFE of Florida is Florida's statewide homeschool support and networking chapter of Learning is for Everyone, Inc. LIFE Membership, support and resources is free and available to all.
Homeschool Educators -
We are a homeschool group based in South Florida. We are eclectic homeschoolers
who believe in the Earth's spirit, kindness, and respect for all homeschooling
styles and religions. We offer park days, field trips, monthly newsletters,
educational co-ops, craft and cooking classes, Spiral Scouts,
Book-It, Troll books, and many other exciting adventures.
of South Florida - Assoc.of Roman Catholic Homeschoolers-
Meets Weekly at park in Miami, numerous spiritual and
- Apollo Beach, FL Area Homeschoolers - This group's mission is to assist in the homeschooling experience of children and their family. Children are offered shared learning experiences & parents are given support by sharing ideas, friendship and advice. Yahoo Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ApolloBeachHomeschoolers/
Homeschool Support Group - Offering support to
all homeschooling families in Brevard County, Florida,
on Florida's Space Coast.
Home Schoolers, Inc. - is a home education
support group with a special interest in upholding
Christian beliefs. Boca Raton
Homeschool Cooperative (BHC) - Brandon Homeschool
Cooperative (BHC) is a nonsectarian group of families
that shares resources, ideas, and support for all methods
of homeschooling in the Brandon area.
- Cape Coral Home Educators - Cape Coral Home Educators is a social and support group for homeschooling families in Cape Coral and surrounding communities.We have weekly activities from field trips, to science fairs, to talent shows. Our activities generally take place on Thursday afternoons. CCHE is a Christ-centered group, but we welcome all faiths and beliefs.
- CentralFloridaPreTeens-TeensHomeschoolers -
This group is for (pre-teens and teens) homeschooling
families age 11 and up living in Central Florida/Orlando
mostly covering Seminole and Orange county but all are
welcome. If you have younger children as well, you may
join however, only your children that are 11 &
up can participate. All activities, discussions, field
trips, etc. will be geared toward this age group, middle
to high school level. This is not a religious group,
however all are welcome. The only requirement to join
this group is that your child/children be at least 11
years old to participate. If you have younger homeschoolers
as well & have
issues with this policy, please do not join this group.
Only membership requests by the parents or guardians
of the homeschooling students will be considered/accepted,
not by the student him/herself.
Home Educators Association of Collier County (CHEACC)
- Christian Homeschool
Support of the Western Communities (CHS) - Our group
has monthly parent meetings, seasonal parties, a co-op,
field trips and so on. Thank you very much for
providing this resource.
Homeschoolers In Pasco (CHIP)
- Class Source - Offering homeschool support via guest speakers, social activities, classes, tutors, clubs, field trips, and group activities. Class Source also hosts area wide Open House events for the Hillsborough County and Pasco Count areas, such as Tampa, Temple Terrace, Lutz, Land O' Lakes, and New Tampa homeschool groups.
- Classical Conversations of East Florida - We are a group of homeschool parents who form communities throughout the state of Florida, Unitesd States, and abroad. We partner together to offer support and encouragement to homeschool all the way through highschool.
- Encouragers Homeschool Group - We are a Co-op and support group located in Central Florida. We serve mainly Polk and Osceola County. We meet each Thursday from 9:45am to 12:30pm with a fellowship lunch following.
- Flagler Christian Homeschoolers, FCH - We are a relaxed semi-structured Christian Homeschool support group dedicated first and foremost to quality education for our children in a family environment. We have a vision to support one another on our educational journey, and invite you to join us. Our support group leaders are available via email or phone. If you have suggestions or need a question answered please feel free to contact us. Membership Info
- Florida Virtual School
- 1. Personalized, one-on-one educational experience
2. Committed and passionate teachers
3. Building communication skills essential to the information economy
4. Creating solid learning foundation for post-secondary education
5. Offering flexibility and choice for over-scheduled students and families
6. A high quality, learning experience PROVIDED AT NO COST to
- Phone: 407-317-3326
- Gainesville Homeschoolers - Yahoo listserv. Our group is a secular cooperative
Coast Christian Home Educators Association - Christian
Homeschool Group serving Northwest Florida homeschool
- southwest Florida
- Lee county
Homeschool Group -
The Heritage Homeschooling group has been formed
to encourage and promote the effective training of our children. Heritage
is a non-denominational, Christ centered support group for home schooling parents
in the East Orlando area.
Cooperative Educating in Central Florida, Inc. HCECF
- is an inclusive and eclectic group of home educating
families in the Orlando area (basically Orange county,
Seminole county and northeastern Lake County) working
together since 2001 for weekly co-ops, science classes,
fun educational fieldtrips, homeschool faires, BRICKschoolers
lego and robotics programs, SECME team, PE and sports days
including Presidential Fitness Testing, annual drum building
campouts and H.E.A.R.T.S. homeschool community
service volunteers program including administration of Service
- Homeschool Around Temple Terrace (HATT) -HATT is a social homeschool group for those in Temple Terrace and surrounding areas of Tampa, Hillsborough county, Thonotosassa, New Tampa, Lutz, Carrolwood, etc.
of Miami Enrichment (H.O.M.E.) - Offering group and private
classes for homeschooling families. Lessons in Foreign languages,
Music, Art, Drama, Math, Dance, Science and more. Meets Tuesdays. Classes run during the school year in two 12 week semesters.
- Calvary Chapel Miami Beach
7141 Indian Creek
Miami Beach, FL 33141
- Phone: 786-597-7435
- Learning & Families -
Home education with a decidedly Christian focus. Manatee/Sarasota
Homeschoolers - Lakeland
Home Educators (NHE) - central Florida
- Voice mail: (407-831-7146 ext. 3130)
Brevard Home School Association
- North Florida Homeschool Support - Support, encouragement, and networking opportunities for homeschoolers from the Panhandle to Jacksonville. Open to ALL families who home educate in the area.
Association for Christian Enrichment (P.A.C.E.) - Miami
Association for Teaching At Home, Inc. (PATH) -
Educating Children (PEC) - West Palm Beach
- P.O. Box 15491 West Palm Beach, FL 33416
- voicemail: (561) 798-1229
LIFE Homeschool Support Group
- We are an all-inclusive group that gets together to support each other in our
homeschooling efforts. There is no cost to join our group. We meet at least once
a month for play and discussions, and plan field trips and projects on other
weeks of the month for those who are interested. We have children of all ages
but we always need more teens!
Christian Homeschool Sports - Pinellas Christian
Homeschool Sports, Inc. is a Christian, non-profit
organization that offers Florida High School Athletic
Association sanctioned sports to all Jr. High and High
School homeschoolers in Pinellas County, Florida
Parent Educators Association
- PO Box 60685 St. Petersburg, FL 33784-0685
- automated line: 727-725-0512
Heart of Jesus Home Educators - Orlando, FL - Our
primary purpose as members of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Home Educators support group is to offer encouragement
to one another - both spiritually and academically
through various gatherings designed to strengthen each
family's commitment to authentic Catholic home education.
County Home Schoolers
Florida Homeschooling Families - A volunteer-based
homeschooling support group serving the area of Southwest
Florida, including Collier and Lee Counties.
Homeschool Activities Reaching Everyone (SHARE) -
Serving Sarasota & Bradenton and the Tampa Bay
- Titus 2 Homeschoolers - Serving Alachua county and surrounding area - We send out a free weekly Christian e-mail Newsletter as a ministry to homeschoolers in and around Alachua County. It contains area events, meetings, and opportunities. Please feel free to join in any activity. We are also a F.P.E.A. Homeschooling Support group that you may join for the membership fee.
- T.O.R.C.H. - Teaching OuR Children from Home We are excited to be starting a new and unique homeschool group! We offer all the fun and structure of a traditional group, such as field trips, service projects, Mom's night out, holiday parties, etc., but without all the "pressure" of having to attend every single event. We are also a "Support Group" for people who are wanting to homeschool or are already doing so!
- E-mail -
Kelly, phone: 904-388-5980
- E-mail -
Angela, phone: 904-314-3274
- Vine Ripe Kids -
Vine Ripe Kids (founded in 2006) is a homeschooling group providing
local support to families in the East Orlando area. We
offer park days, field trips, Keepers at Home/ American
Girl Club, Contenders of the Faith/ American Boy Club , educational
activities (such as field trips, classes, special events)
, and community ministry. Our monthly Mom meetings
include educational and spiritual support, as well as yummy
food and fellowship. We are a friendly bunch, growing
together in Christ!
Florida Home Education Support League
- P.O. Box 11720 Pensacola, FL 32534-1720
- Information Line: (850) 981-1222
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Working Parents Homeschool Support Group - Margate - The WPHSG is designed to meet the needs of the working parent. Issues to be discussed will include time management, creative solutions to completing course work and building a support network. Board members include a certified guidance counselor who can provide transcripts, evaluations and educational guidance, as well as full-time, experienced homeschool moms to provide insight and expertise. We meet at Sunshine Learning Center, 1703 N. St. Rd. 7, Margate, FL 33093. Our meetings take place from 7:00-8:30pm. Membership is free this year, with the exception of $18.00 to join the FPEA, which is highly recommended.
School is an umbrella school serving home education families
throughout Florida. Families enrolled with
Atrium have a choice of enrollment programs, may use their
own curriculum, and receive as much or as little support
and guidance as they desire.
Institute of Arts & Sciences - A private
school designed to provide a structured organization for
Northwest Florida parents who want their children to have
the benefits of home education with the advantage of enrollment
in a private Christian school. We offer curricula consultations,
classes, tutoring, graduation, and much more!
- Horizon Educational Systems
HES is open to committed homeschoolers
across the state of Florida (with an interview process).
A "Statement of Faith" must be signed only
to indicated that it was "read and understood."
(The founders of HES are Christians, as are most of
its enrolled families.) HES is very inexpensive (as
low as $50/family/school year), and is parent-directed.
Curriculum and educational choices are made by the
parents! HES requires two attendance forms and two
evaluations or report cards, one of which may be a
simple paragraph reviewing the schooling that has
transpired for the first half of the school year.
HES awards a high school diploma when 24 High School
Credits have been earned.
- Bradenton, Florida
- (941) 751-0700 for furtherquestions.
- Jacksonville Homeschooling - Free homeschooling resources and low cost umbrella school
- The Oaks
Private School -The Oaks Private School provides you
with academic, administrative and accountability covering,
giving peace of mind while you educate your child in that
wholesome and loving environment where learning is a natural
part of everyday life, your home.
- Phone: 1.866.798.TOPS
1. Start any day of the week- total flexibility
2. Self paced- no mandatory pace charts
3. Pay for 1 class, or many- your choice
4. Payment Plans
5. Experienced dedicated teachers
6. Live tutoring available
7. Umbrella school, transcripts, grade validation, advisory
- the Ogburn School - a CITA/SACS accredited correspondence
- UMBRELLA Free Virtual Private School - UMBRELLA Free Virtual Private School was founded on the idea that education should be free, not only of monetary barriers, but of institutional walls as well. There are no costs or fees, just free enrollment and free curriculum. We cover the state requirements enabling you to homeschool your children, your way and we provide help to successfully homeschool. We're a registered K-12 Florida school, open to all counties. Open enrollment year round.