Reading, Writing, and Spelling Resources
Below are sites that will help you in your quest to
teach reading and comprehension to your child as well as handwriting
and spelling. Every homeschool family can use these sites!
Ridiculous English Spelling - Examples, charts, word families
and rhymes to aid you in learning your way through the maze of English
- Bible Based Spelling
- Free spelling lessons based on Old and New Testament stories. Included
are worksheets, suggestions for teaching, and links to related activities.
- Children's Books Central
- a directory of directories for sites related to children's books.
It is a place to start for the writers, readers, collectors, illustrators,
librarians, teachers, parents, publishers, storytellers and kids
- CustomWritten.com -
Provides writing tips for high school and college students. Features
free articles on custom essay writing.
- edsanders.com - Phonics
- online phonics teaching
- Handwriting for Kids - Handwriting for kids. Free handwriting lessons to teach kids and adults how to write alphabets, numbers, sentences, bible school, scriptures, and even their name!
- Learn to Write Right
with Free English Lessons - Free lessons, including explanations,
examples, exercises and a test, on problem areas of written English.
- Learning Vocabulary Can Be
- Let's get
kids writing - Helping parents guide their children writing
short stories to improve literacy and social skills. Tips on keyboarding,
elements of a story, motivation and help for work-at-home moms
- Literature Based
Reading Lessons - Free reading lessons for elementary students
based on popular chapter books including Boxcar Children and Little
House in the Big Woods.. These lessons use a phonics approach and
have been used successfully in a Christian school in Texas.
- Magnum Opus Magazine - The Magnum Opus provides a safe place for budding homeschool writers to publish their writing ventures. Submissions not printed will placed on the website as well as those who did get printed.
- Math And Reading
Help For Kids - Math and Reading Help for Kids is a directory
of hundreds of original articles, tips and resources centered on
the topic of children's learning
- MyOnlineReading - Practice reading skills with these free interactive online reading books, specifically written for children and early readers
- Oz Speller - Online Spelling
and Typing Tutors - Ozspeller is a Free Australian Online Spelling
Tutor and Game for K-8 students. It features spoken (voiced) words,
hints, dictionary and sentence prompts, and a large selection of
word lists. Also featured is a clever online keyboard game and
typing tutor that works at the level of letters, words and sentences.
- PennsylvaniaReading ComprehensionPennsylvania
- There will be a new reading comprehension practice sheet each week
from September through June. They are most appropriate for grades
four to six.
- Spelling it Right - Spelling help, worksheets and advice from an experienced teacher.
- USSpeller - USspeller
is a Free American Online Spelling Tutor and Game for students and
everyone wanting to improve their spelling skills. It features spoken
(voiced) words, hints, dictionary and sentence prompts, and a large
selection of word lists for all school grades. Also featured is a
clever online keyboard game and typing tutor that works at the level
of letters, words and sentences.
- Vocabulary University -
FREE vocabulary puzzles to enhance vocabulary mastery.